Unofficial Quake Live Config Generator by Yamanaka
February 1, 2009 18 comments Article
After various posts on how to customize your Quake Live config, there is now a Quakelive config generator, created by Yamanaka. This config generator was already posted in our forum.
Work in progress
The unofficial Quake Live config generator is still updated on a regular basis with improvements. The latest version is beta 1.6.1
Some of the features are:
- Comes with 2 presets to get you started quickly. High Quality and Pro Gamer.
- Change player, team and enemy models and see a preview of how the models look.
- Change the color of your own default model to red or blue. No more standard default skin when playing non-team based games.
- Force a color for your teammates. Walk around in the red skin while on the blue team! *Change the size of the font used on screen.
- Easily enable or disable showing the fps, game timer or lagometer.
- Change a wide range of advanced video options.
- Ability to set a custom resolution.
- Personalize your railgun to your own taste.
- Bind a different sensitivity, zoom fov, crosshair, crosshair size and how the gun is drawn for each weapon.
- Edit the generated configuration with your own changes and then save it to a file.
- Reload previously used settings to continue where you left off.
- And many more.
- Download: Unofficial Quake Live config generator
- .Net Framework 3.5 is needed for this program: microsoft.com
I believe this is a great tool to optimize your config file. Certainly when you’re not very familiar with tweaking quake configs. It allows you to easily create a config to your needs without having to know all the different commands.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- InFerNo on Holysh1t “Moment of Fame” #2
- IconoDelPecado on Holysh1t “Moment of Fame” #2
- Lashknife on First screen of the Quake Live Steam client
- Lashknife on Quake Live gameplay update released
- How to open the console in Quake Live? | Holysh1t.net on Customizing your Quake Live config
Just wanted to give a heads up that the next version is in the works as well. Just some bugfixes and a few additions. 🙂
quake live keeps overriding my qzconfig file when i launcha game ive tried making it rea donly with no sucess, any help??
Can you be more specific? Do you mean the game loads it own settings instead of the file generated by my configuration?
Did you saved it as autoexec.cfg in the correct directory? If you did then it should work.
This is very easy to use and it seems to work just fine.
I would like a feature added though.
Could you add this to the program: Let the user open a CFG file and edit it in the program itself.
thanx, works 🙂
is this in .NET? can i look at the source? PLZ???
[…] Live Config Generator: Download und weitere Infos. Wer lieber ein bisschen direkter an der Config rumfummelt, dem sei zus?tzlich noch dieser […]
This is a great utility. Thanks!!!!!!!!
Awesome program. I have given everyone in our clan this link. Thanks for your work. It has helped us old guys alot. One question I have to ask. Do you have any solutions to frame drops.I have tried everything. I have posted in the forums several times. I am Buckmann.
“Change the color of your own default model to red or blue. No more standard default skin when playing non-team based games.”
Too bad I don’t see this in the config.
Is there a way to do this?
one minor bug I found: under advanced weapon settings, BFG is listed as ‘weapon10’ whne it is actually ‘weapon9’. easy fix, just open autoexec and change it manually, just thought I’d bring it to your attention, if you weren’t already aware :-p
But anyway, thanks for your work on this, it’s an excellent utility
pretty basic options but in general it should be enough and maybe im picky
my wishlist 🙂 :
seta cg_drawfriend “0/1” – switch- if one forces models the triangle is not necessary
seta bot_nochat “1/0″ – switch
seta cg_railTrailTime 1500 imho is the best for being the default value (same as reload time)
seta cg_scorePlums”0/1” – switch
Framedrops? hmmmm they happen randomly but as i play on really low settings on my laptop they never happen, postprocessing 0, fastsky 1, lower the resolution, lower picmip 🙂
In new version QL added new command setting. Pls, updated Config Generator with new adds of QL. thx
What if you don’t want forced enemy models? and also with mine, it got rid of all the textures making it look really bad and old. and the sensitivity settings seemed to turn down the sensitivity. and the Xhair i selected for the railgun wasnt there and the zoom hadnt changed or anything. That said, the app does what it’s supposed to so 5* xx
I think you mean HIGHER picmip – the higher the number, the lower the detail e.g., r_picmip 10 gives less detail than r_picmip -2.
hey i used the ql gen , but when im in the game , the post proccesing is off , and my mouse doesnt work after binding the guns @ “advanced weapon settings”
how can i enable the mouse again ?
I hope you add the new crosshairs that QL has made in the last months. Is a new version gonna come out of this app?
thanks for the work