Dreamhack Summer 2010 has come to an end, only to see it’s current champion, av3k, confirm his title half a year later.
3 BYOC spots had to be filled during the on-site event qualifier to join the main Kaspersky QL Duel tournament.
These 3 spots were filled by madix, JiePie and Stylezz, who came out as the top 3 of the BYOC tournament.
15 players then faced off with each other in the main event: the Kaspersky Quake Live duel tournament with a very nice prize stash. I say 15 players as Cooller apparently had issues to sort out a travel visa and could not make it.
The results of our poll predicted that Cypher was the favorite, followed up by Cooller (but not present) and av3k, so the public opinion was indeed correct to say that Cypher and av3k were rightly in their spot in the finals:
- 1st place: av3k – 30000 SEK ~ 3150 EUR
- 2nd place: Cypher – 15000 SEK ~1575 EUR
- 3rd place: strenx – 5000 SEK ~ 525 EUR
Congratulations to the top 3 and may we see another great Dreamhack event soon!
Spring is coming, time for
- a major online tournament (47%, 9 Votes)
- Quake Live to call it quits (32%, 6 Votes)
- a LAN party (21%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 19