Quake Live Beginner Guides
In this unofficial Quake Live FAQ we answer general Quake Live questions, give tutorials and provide basic game play tips.
This list of Quake Live beginner tutorials and guides is a project in progress and we still update it on a regular basis.
Please not that this is not an official FAQ page. Go to Quakelive.com for the official Quake Live FAQ. Also check out Mal’s post at Gameriot’s Quake Life section called A Quake Live virgin still? Here’s everything you need to know!
Basic Quake Live FAQ
- How do I open the console?
- How do I watch recorded game demos?
- How do I chat with my online friends while playing?
- When was Quake Live released?
- Can you change your Quake Live nickname?
- Can you play Quake Live on Mac or Linux?
Quake Live Customization
- How do I get colors in my name and clan tag?
- How do I get colored crosshairs?
- How do I make the enemy skins more visible?
- How do I remove the rocket smoke?
Quake Live Config
- Customizing your Quake Live Config
- Where do I find my Quake Live config?
- There’s several configs, which do I edit?
- Lashknife’s Quake Live config generator (webbased)
- Yamanaka’s Quake Live config generator
- Some example configs
Quake Live Gameplay
Have more questions? Please suggest them in the comment box below!