Work in progress
The unofficial Quake Live config generator is still updated on a regular basis with improvements. The latest version is beta 1.6.1
Some of the features are:
- Comes with 2 presets to get you started quickly. High Quality and Pro Gamer.
- Change player, team and enemy models and see a preview of how the models look.
- Change the color of your own default model to red or blue. No more standard default skin when playing non-team based games.
- Force a color for your teammates. Walk around in the red skin while on the blue team! *Change the size of the font used on screen.
- Easily enable or disable showing the fps, game timer or lagometer.
- Change a wide range of advanced video options.
- Ability to set a custom resolution.
- Personalize your railgun to your own taste.
- Bind a different sensitivity, zoom fov, crosshair, crosshair size and how the gun is drawn for each weapon.
- Edit the generated configuration with your own changes and then save it to a file.
- Reload previously used settings to continue where you left off.
- And many more.
- Download: Unofficial Quake Live config generator
- .Net Framework 3.5 is needed for this program: microsoft.com
I believe this is a great tool to optimize your config file. Certainly when you’re not very familiar with tweaking quake configs. It allows you to easily create a config to your needs without having to know all the different commands.