idsoftware at the Game Developers Conference 2009
Well, it seems Quake Live is more popular than idsoftware expected it to be, as Todd Hollenshead was so impressed by the sheer number of signups for the closed and open beta of Quake Live that they are even thinking about porting other games like QuakeWars and ET to the browser platform.
The participation in the open beta is 50 percent higher than what we expected. The beta was perhaps too successful, at least in the raw numbers, with a massive queue forming when the beta kicked off.
Read more at Kotaku
Hollenshead also confirmed once more that upcoming Chrome, Linux and Mac support is a high priority, right after eliminating the last couple of bugs.
Read more at IGN
Good news for the community as this will certainly lead to more players!
Source: Planet Quake
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- InFerNo on Holysh1t “Moment of Fame” #2
- IconoDelPecado on Holysh1t “Moment of Fame” #2
- Lashknife on First screen of the Quake Live Steam client
- Lashknife on Quake Live gameplay update released
- How to open the console in Quake Live? | Holysh1t.net on Customizing your Quake Live config