QL update: Finnegan’s and other stuff!
October 27, 2010 2 comments Article
Not too long ago – September 28th: content and skill matching – Quake Live got it’s 1st content update pack with 4 additional maps. Alas, no CTF map present there, but rejoice as Finnegan’s has made the cut. Besides Finnegan’s – better known to old-school Quake players as W3 – 3 other maps and a series of game changes are live since today’s update.
So let’s go over the worth-mentioning things in the October update:
Old-school but awesome addition to Quake Live which can be immediately added to the competitive map pool if I had anything to say about it.
Medium-Big map with loads of heavy base items (ra-mh) and strong focus on power-up play (each base has a regen, and haste in the middle).
If you need to remember anything from this update, imo this is it :p
|Gothic Rage (Duel)
3 Stories high, teleport surprises, no rail! Up close and personal or prediction spam, your choice!
|Solid (2vs2 TDM)
Simple, industrial looking map, no rail, could perhaps be used for duel as well as it’s not that big. Originally made by swelt for CPMA.
|Window Pain (Small CA)
Coming from RA3, this is a super tiny map that gets even smaller if someone opens the windows in between both areas.
Some other minor changes were made to several maps, check them out in the news post.
- Chat tokens! Not immediately those I’d expected like #l (player’s current location) or #i (location of the item near to you, which is very handy for available-binds), but it’s a start!
- Quad goes from 4x to 3x
- Step height increased from 18 to 22. This doesn’t mean you can jump higher, just means it’s simpler to walk up on stairs that have higher steps or avoid bumping into edges that to the eye seem like a reachable place without jumping.
- Chain Jumping: to get a bit of extra acceleration when bumping/jumping on a step and jumping again or in combination with exiting a teleporter and immediately jumping again for instant acceleration. Here’s a video of someone demonstrating some chain jumps.
Additional stuff in the news post.
Enjoy Finnegan’s! 😀
- October 26th, 2010 newspost
- Quake Live on IRC in #quakelive and #quakelive.support (Quakenet)
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- InFerNo on Holysh1t “Moment of Fame” #2
- IconoDelPecado on Holysh1t “Moment of Fame” #2
- Lashknife on First screen of the Quake Live Steam client
- Lashknife on Quake Live gameplay update released
- How to open the console in Quake Live? | Holysh1t.net on Customizing your Quake Live config
[…] Lashknife auf Holysh1t beschreibt ebenfalls kurz die vier Maps. Ausserdem wird Step Height und das neu eingef?hrte Chain Jumping etwas n?her erkl?rt.?Zu beiden Features?ist auch ein recht gutes Demonstrationsvideo zu sehen, die Jumps waren teilweise?schon vorher in QL mit viel Fingerspitzengef?hl machbar,?sind aber jetzt einfacher durchzuf?hren. […]
another example I found, a bit confusing since some jumps appear to be more related to the increase in step-height than actual chain-jumping, but it gives an idea of things to try out.