For a good week now, Quake Live has matured out of its beta state!
What does this mean for you, the player?
Lots of things, because now you can choose to play as you were, free of charge, on everything you had so far, or subscribe to a Premium or Pro account and get more out of this amazing game!
- Everything you had before during the beta:
- the regular map pool,
- the regular game modes (ffa, duel, ctf, tdm, ca, insta),
- the models,
- practice against bots (note: also on the Premium maps!
- Statistics for the last 28 days
- Join up to 1 clan
- Forum customer support
- The Premium is all of the above and of course some new features:
- Full customer support
- Access new maps online (note: as said, standard players can load these premium maps when playing against bots)
- Freeze Tag game mode
- Regular content updates
- Join or create a clan (up to 5)
- Statistics for 6 months
- No pre-game advertisements
- And some minor things like extra awards and bypass a site queue
- The Pro account is all of the above with some minor differences:
- Join or create up to 10 clans
- Statistics are kept for 1 year
And 2 important features:
- Start your own server!
- Invite up to 3 Standard level players to join your server with the premium content
Now what do these fancy feature cost?
Not that much:
- the Premium account costs $1.99 per month (note: billed annualy!) for the things mentioned above!
- the Pro account costs $3.99 per month (also billed annualy!) for the above + having access to spawning your own servers!
Cool stuff, and not too costly for new and revived content from during the Quake 3 era! And with more things to come, a Premium account sure looks the best bet, unless you want to be able to spawn servers.
However, this post is not a promotional message to urge you all to buy the game, but perhaps you can be entertained by some guides to why you would consider buying a Premium or Pro subscription.
(These are a set of movies, made by gnnr to show what the subscriptions are all about)
- Quake Live Buyers Guide – Website changes:
- Quake Live Buyers Guide – New maps (part 1)
- Quake Live Buyers Guide – New maps (part 2) + Freezetag overview
- And for those who can’t afford Quake Live, here’s a tip on how to get a subscription for free!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.