Quake Live: 1 week out of beta!
For a good week now, Quake Live has matured out of its beta state!
What does this mean for you, the player?
Lots of things, because now you can choose to play as you were, free of charge, on everything you had so far, or subscribe to a Premium or Pro account and get more out of this amazing game!
- Everything you had before during the beta:
- the regular map pool,
- the regular game modes (ffa, duel, ctf, tdm, ca, insta),
- the models,
- practice against bots (note: also on the Premium maps!
- Statistics for the last 28 days
- Join up to 1 clan
- Forum customer support
- The Premium is all of the above and of course some new features:
- Full customer support
- Access new maps online (note: as said, standard players can load these premium maps when playing against bots)
- Freeze Tag game mode
- Regular content updates
- Join or create a clan (up to 5)
- Statistics for 6 months
- No pre-game advertisements
- And some minor things like extra awards and bypass a site queue
- The Pro account is all of the above with some minor differences:
- Join or create up to 10 clans
- Statistics are kept for 1 year
And 2 important features:
- Start your own server!
- Invite up to 3 Standard level players to join your server with the premium content
Now what do these fancy feature cost?
Not that much:
- the Premium account costs $1.99 per month (note: billed annualy!) for the things mentioned above!
- the Pro account costs $3.99 per month (also billed annualy!) for the above + having access to spawning your own servers!
Cool stuff, and not too costly for new and revived content from during the Quake 3 era! And with more things to come, a Premium account sure looks the best bet, unless you want to be able to spawn servers.
However, this post is not a promotional message to urge you all to buy the game, but perhaps you can be entertained by some guides to why you would consider buying a Premium or Pro subscription.
(These are a set of movies, made by gnnr to show what the subscriptions are all about)
- Quake Live Buyers Guide – Website changes:
- Quake Live Buyers Guide – New maps (part 1)
- Quake Live Buyers Guide – New maps (part 2) + Freezetag overview
- And for those who can’t afford Quake Live, here’s a tip on how to get a subscription for free!
- Official announcement
- Premium and pro overview
- #quakelive on Quakenet IRC
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- InFerNo on Holysh1t “Moment of Fame” #2
- IconoDelPecado on Holysh1t “Moment of Fame” #2
- Lashknife on First screen of the Quake Live Steam client
- Lashknife on Quake Live gameplay update released
- How to open the console in Quake Live? | Holysh1t.net on Customizing your Quake Live config
Thanks a lot for featuring my videos. I’m still new but I plan to do a follow up with some of the competitive players. I want to do an overview of the maps that will be used in duel tourneys with some of those top level players. Also I encourage anyone else interested to make their own videos and keep the content flowing so we can energize the quakelive base.
I want to congratulate you for spending so much time promoting and helping the game with those much needed news !
Gratz lash !
well, I would have liked to follow up on QuakeCon and GamesCom more and post about that, but I kinda entirely missed out on it because I became a father on Thursday o/
My child is born 6 weeks early and ruined my visit to GamesCom on Sunday to attend the IEM finals, hack into the network and stream the ENC SWE-NLD game and to grab the Brink alpha release 😀
That being said, my kid rules!
The other thing that is new is advertisements before the game starts. This gets removed by purchasing Premium or Pro subscription. There was no such thing before 🙂
I guess I forgot about that because I almost immediately bought PRO and never even noticed the Standard account advertising 😀