Update: Quake Live up again
For those who have missed the News button on the Quake Live website: sponge has released a bit more information about the downtime. Most importantly, anyone who has registered after Monday, April 29, starting from 2AM CDT (8AM GMT, 9AM CET) will have to register his account again. Anyone who made changes to his already existing account will have to make them again, this includes profile settings, ingame-settings and binds that are replicated to the site (qlconfig and repconfig) and the addition or removal of friends and clans. Check your settings and make sure everything is alright.
Finally, Id Software has made it clear that there will be a compensation.
Early Monday morning, the QUAKE LIVE infrastructure suffered a major outage impacting stability and performance. Over the past 48 hours, we’ve been working to resolve the issue, and have now restored service to the public. While all attempts have been made at ensuring the site remains stable, we may run into intermittent issues going forward, so please continue to be patient while we work through any remaining issues.
The outage forced us to rollback around 6 hours of data, from approximately Monday 2AM CDT, to 7AM CDT. This has the following implications on end-users:
- Any accounts created between in the above time window will have to be recreated.
- Changes to your profile, settings/binds, friends, and other account data may need to be recreated.
- The scheduled content release has been delayed until the site’s stability is established.
- Compensation for the downtime will also be announced once the site is presumed stable.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- InFerNo on Holysh1t “Moment of Fame” #2
- IconoDelPecado on Holysh1t “Moment of Fame” #2
- Lashknife on First screen of the Quake Live Steam client
- Lashknife on Quake Live gameplay update released
- How to open the console in Quake Live? | Holysh1t.net on Customizing your Quake Live config
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.