Work in progress
The unofficial Quake Live config generator is still updated on a regular basis with improvements. The latest version is beta 1.6.1
Some of the features are:
- Comes with 2 presets to get you started quickly. High Quality and Pro Gamer.
- Change player, team and enemy models and see a preview of how the models look.
- Change the color of your own default model to red or blue. No more standard default skin when playing non-team based games.
- Force a color for your teammates. Walk around in the red skin while on the blue team! *Change the size of the font used on screen.
- Easily enable or disable showing the fps, game timer or lagometer.
- Change a wide range of advanced video options.
- Ability to set a custom resolution.
- Personalize your railgun to your own taste.
- Bind a different sensitivity, zoom fov, crosshair, crosshair size and how the gun is drawn for each weapon.
- Edit the generated configuration with your own changes and then save it to a file.
- Reload previously used settings to continue where you left off.
- And many more.
update: It is now possible to change the crosshair colors by using the menu or console settings! This method is a lot easier than the method described below.
Over the past few weeks we have received many questions that seem obvious for Quake veterans, yet they are certainly not for the newcomers. Therefor we have added a new segment to our game website, i.e. Quake Live Beginner Guides. Here you will find answers to questions like “how do I change my ingame name Read More
A well customized Quake Live config that fits your preferences well enough is the beginning of good game play. Quake is one of the few games that allows extreme config customization. This is one aspect that makes Quake, in my opinion, better than all other shooters and creates extra opportunities. Read More