Not all bad news today, QLHud is back up and running. This large HUD repository will definitely find you a suiting HUD to go with your personal taste and needs. Feel free to add and share your own HUD creations, which can easily be made with VisualHUD. The website has been around since 2009 but was offline Read More
The qlhud.net website provides a free platform where anyone can download and share custom made HUD(s) for Quake Live. You can: Find a HUD that suits your needs (search by description, author) Upload your own custom HUD together with a screenshot and get a permanent link to the preview/download page. and more… Example: The default HUD Read More
Work in progress
The unofficial Quake Live config generator is still updated on a regular basis with improvements. The latest version is beta 1.6.1
Some of the features are:
- Comes with 2 presets to get you started quickly. High Quality and Pro Gamer.
- Change player, team and enemy models and see a preview of how the models look.
- Change the color of your own default model to red or blue. No more standard default skin when playing non-team based games.
- Force a color for your teammates. Walk around in the red skin while on the blue team! *Change the size of the font used on screen.
- Easily enable or disable showing the fps, game timer or lagometer.
- Change a wide range of advanced video options.
- Ability to set a custom resolution.
- Personalize your railgun to your own taste.
- Bind a different sensitivity, zoom fov, crosshair, crosshair size and how the gun is drawn for each weapon.
- Edit the generated configuration with your own changes and then save it to a file.
- Reload previously used settings to continue where you left off.
- And many more. < Read More
Changing the crosshair colors to your personal preference has proven to be very important to many quakers, considering the many requests for this feature. Now that id software has installed this feature you can easily apply it by either changing your menu settings or updating your personal quake live config. To change the Quake Live Read More
update: It is now possible to change the crosshair colors by using the menu or console settings! This method is a lot easier than the method described below.
Quake Live has many different enemy skins you can choose from. Id software’s Quake Live team has done a great job improving the graphics of existing quake 3 skins, as well as adding a varierty of new skins to the game. Yet when it comes to racking up frags, a varied series of dark and Read More
Sure, the ingame rocket smoke in Quake Live might look great in frag videos, but during the game itself it doesn’t really help you much. In the Q3 CPMA modification you could change the size of the rocket smoke trail, yet in Quake Live this isn’t possible. All you can do in Quake Live is Read More
When you finally located your Quake Live config, you will be confronted with two game config files, i.e. qzconfig.cfg and repconfig. To be quite honest it’s a bit silly to have two config files even. Therefore, I’ve got my own method to work with my Quake Live config. I’ll run you through it step by Read More
Id Software has done a great job hiding your Quake Live config so let’s try and find it. I’ll explain how to find your Quake Live config for Windows XP, Windows Vista, 7 or 8(.1) and the Steam version separately. Read More
Veteran Quake players know all about it, but many new players wonder how to have colors in the Quake Live nickname and clantag.
This is something very easy as all it requires is the addition of color codes. Each color has its own number and by using a ^ you can tell Quake to interprete what follows in that color.
^1 = Red
^2 = Green
^3 = Yellow
^4 = Blue
^5 = Cyan (light blue)
^6 = Magenta (purple)
^7 = White
Other colors are not yet supported. Read More
Spring is coming, time for
- a major online tournament (47%, 9 Votes)
- Quake Live to call it quits (32%, 6 Votes)
- a LAN party (21%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 19